Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Lines appearing on iPad after updating to 15.7

After updating my iPad 8th gen to iOS 15.7 this morning, I have two lines appearing on my screen. They persist in the same locations when I turn the orientation of the iPad. I have done nothing to damage it in any way. (No Drop or Spills) I assume it is from the update because I didn't do anything even moving the iPad . Does anyone else have this problem, and what can I do to get it to go away?

device warranty expired 2 months ago.

I heard that OnePlus Phones have same like issue lines on display without any physical damage, and they replaced the display without any charges even after warranty expired.

I tried Resetting with iTunes but lines are still there.

Please help me

Thanks in advance

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 7:33 AM

While the appearance of lines on your screen perhaps being coincidental to update of your iPad to iPadOS 15.7, begin with a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the problem remains unresolved, you’ll need to determine if you have a hardware or software issue. A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the lines are not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the lines are visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

If a screen hardware issue is suspected, you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad - and you’ll be able to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 7:33 AM in response to vkwyd

While the appearance of lines on your screen perhaps being coincidental to update of your iPad to iPadOS 15.7, begin with a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the problem remains unresolved, you’ll need to determine if you have a hardware or software issue. A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the lines are not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the lines are visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

If a screen hardware issue is suspected, you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad - and you’ll be able to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Two Lines appearing on iPad after updating to 15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.