Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after installing iOS 16, when charging iPhone its not showing current battery percentage on lock screen

after installing iOS 16, when charging iPhone its not showing current battery percentage

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:41 PM

I just realized that there is a battery widget that you can add to the Lock Screen that shows the battery percentage when you customize the lock screen.

See this screenshot of a custom Lock Screen. It is the first widget on the left side.

Add widgets on iPhone - Apple Support

9 replies

Sep 13, 2022 9:08 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob, am not talking about battery percentage on battery icon itself which is a feature of iOS16 itself , my concern is when it’s charging on iOS15, the battery percentage was showing on top of the lock screen just below the time section but not showing in iOS16, did Apple removed that feature in iOS16 or i need to do something to see that again ?

Sep 13, 2022 10:53 AM in response to sonal_69

I just tested this on my daughter’s iPhone which is still running iOS 15 and you are correct. I apologize for the confusion. It does appear that Apple has removed that in iOS 16.

My best guess is that Apple gave us a lot of other customization features for the Lock Screen and that battery percentage line would interfere with the placement of widgets on the Lock Screen.

after installing iOS 16, when charging iPhone its not showing current battery percentage on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.