Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 16 not available after installing

I have a 7th gen 2019 iPad. Yesterday I installed the iOS 15.7 update on it, but now I want to go straight to iOS 16.

Except now that 15.7 is on it, iOS 16 no longer shows up as available and it just says software is up to date.

I've tried connecting it to a mac and rebooting it but nothing makes iOS 16 show up as available.

How do I get iOS 16 onto this iPad now that iOS 15.7 is installed?

iPad

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 11:18 AM

Unlike iOS16 for iPhone, released yesterday, iPadOS16 is not due for release until sometime in October. 

However, iPadOS 15.7 was also released yesterday - incorporating essential security updates.

About the security content of iOS 15.7 and iPadOS 15.7 - Apple Support

While iOS16 is available for iPhone, iPhone owners have the option to just install iOS15.7 at this time.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 11:18 AM in response to DigitalDuderino

Unlike iOS16 for iPhone, released yesterday, iPadOS16 is not due for release until sometime in October. 

However, iPadOS 15.7 was also released yesterday - incorporating essential security updates.

About the security content of iOS 15.7 and iPadOS 15.7 - Apple Support

While iOS16 is available for iPhone, iPhone owners have the option to just install iOS15.7 at this time.

iPadOS 16 not available after installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.