Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it genuine airpods

Hi

I bought a second hand apple second generation airpods with serial number, the seller even emailed me the apple ionvoice, when I switch it on, my iphone recognise the serial number and even the warranty period left, does that mean its genuine, apple or still can be super copy

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 9:55 PM

Jadoulena Said:

"is it genuine airpods: Hi I bought a second hand apple second generation airpods with serial number, the seller even emailed me the apple ionvoice, when I switch it on, my iphone recognise the serial number and even the warranty period left, does that mean its genuine, apple or still can be super copy"

-------

Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and you should request a return.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 9:55 PM in response to Jadoulena

Jadoulena Said:

"is it genuine airpods: Hi I bought a second hand apple second generation airpods with serial number, the seller even emailed me the apple ionvoice, when I switch it on, my iphone recognise the serial number and even the warranty period left, does that mean its genuine, apple or still can be super copy"

-------

Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and you should request a return.

Sep 14, 2022 6:09 AM in response to Jadoulena

Jadoulena Said:

"is it genuine airpods: thank you, do show as genuine, when turn them on The connect to my iPhone and the phone reads the same serial number, also my iPhone bring a message that these airpods are in warranty will end on 8 months- but can these be fake!

———-

These AirPods are Not Gake:

No. They are not fake if the Serial Number shows up on the site. All is genuine.

Is the expiration date something of concern, however?

is it genuine airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.