Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to customize lock screen wallpaper after iOS 16 update

i just updated ios 15.7 to 16 and would like to customize my lock screen/wallpaper, eg. choose a different, less bold font for the date & time.

however, trying to customize my current wallpaper only gives me the option to add a new wallpaper. neither directly from the wallpaper (by holding it), nor from settings > wallpaper > customize i can customize the current one, it only gives me the "add new" option. and adding a new wallpaper cannot "copy" or port the current wallpaper as a template to a new one to start from. my current wallpaper being my original apple one back from the iphone 4s or so, i neither have it saved as a photo in my photo albums.

so 2 questions:

• is there a way to customize my current wallpaper despite pressing the customize button only gives me an option to add a new one, resp. if not - feature request or bug fix for an upcoming ios 16 update: please add the possibility to customize the ported wallpaper from previous ios versions
  • if the above doesnt work or they dont make it possible soon, how can i access the picture from my current wallpaper in order to add it to a new wallpaper, if the picture is ported from an old ios, ie. not a custom picture or photo located in my photo albums? there is no "apple wallpapers" folder anymore in settings > wallpaper that used to store original ios wallpapers

thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 9:56 AM

Have you tried the steps for how to customize Lock Screen wallpaper in iOS 16 from this Apple support article?

5 replies

Sep 15, 2022 2:33 PM in response to therunawaygringo

well.... how do you think i took the screenshots posted above, where the customize buttons are visible resp. elements are customizeable?

i already fixed the issue by downloading my old original ios wallpapers by apple and creating new custom wallpapers with them, this way they are now customizeable. only difference is that the deph effect is not possible with the downloaded wallpapers anymore, but with the very same, but hardcoded ones from my ported old wallpaper the deph effect still works.

Sep 21, 2022 3:26 PM in response to Erivera106

sure, here they are:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNi8VN2pw2Ya_xCV8eFgzEZmiXDy1-GwhXbqFtvXoH3HypF10as9puV8FdoVZpOZA?key=WkZjQTIxQTM5a01oZkNUYTE2ZllKTVJKZk1CMTR3

as mentioned above, the depth effect doesnt work with them anymore, but apart from that, everything seems same as before (only noticed on one rock wallpaper that the contrast/definition is much stronger on the downloaded one than on the same hardcoded ported wallpaper)

How to customize lock screen wallpaper after iOS 16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.