Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari freezing with ios16 update

Is anyone else having issues with the new iPhone update where whenever you have to create a password the app crashes and you have to either force close multiple times or hard reset? It will only work for private browsing but it's a pita to have to turn on every time. Support chat was absolutely no help. They told me my device is working properly and to contact the website developer. Yeah I'm sure it's all the website developers problem not apples....I tried numerous website with same problem.

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 10:56 AM

Same issue. iphone 14 pro max, started happening with ios 16 and 16.0.1 and 16.0.2 and 16.0.3

Every single website and every single time ... if you're signing up for an account, when you get to the password field, Apple automatically populates it with the most ridiculously unnecessary passwords known to man. Whether you accept theirs or select use your own password, the outcome is the same, which is the entire Safari page becoming unresponsive. Have to force close the app but it keeps happening

I spoke to Apple support, and escalated to their engineers, about 3 weeks ago. Nothing has been done. And when you call Apple, they'll say "strange, we haven't had any reports of this" ... yeah, except for the one I submitted three weeks ago?

I made another post on this forum about this as well

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Jj089

Same issue. iphone 14 pro max, started happening with ios 16 and 16.0.1 and 16.0.2 and 16.0.3

Every single website and every single time ... if you're signing up for an account, when you get to the password field, Apple automatically populates it with the most ridiculously unnecessary passwords known to man. Whether you accept theirs or select use your own password, the outcome is the same, which is the entire Safari page becoming unresponsive. Have to force close the app but it keeps happening

I spoke to Apple support, and escalated to their engineers, about 3 weeks ago. Nothing has been done. And when you call Apple, they'll say "strange, we haven't had any reports of this" ... yeah, except for the one I submitted three weeks ago?

I made another post on this forum about this as well

Sep 18, 2022 1:09 PM in response to Ferrari_Quinn

Yeah I hope so, I’ve used that for 8 years and made typing so much easier. iPhones keyboard kinda sucks and as well as other alternatives. I think swift keyboard was also causing a glitch with suggested passwords. After the update I wasn’t able to create a password as well, it would just freeze the page causing me to have to hard reset. It would only work if I was on chrome or Firefox. But now that I’m not using swift it seems the problem is resolved.

Oct 12, 2022 12:24 PM in response to g800

Are you using a third party keyboard? I was having the issue with swiftkey(which has now been delisted). As soon as I switched back to the crappy stock keyboard, the issue has stopped. Microsoft didn’t make the keyboard compatible with the new update since they had planned to delist from iOS, thus causing the glitches.

Safari freezing with ios16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.