You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro shows AppleCare for only 6 months

Hello, I just bought an unopened macbook pro 14, it was not activated. After I activated it. He gave me the warranty from 13/03/2023. The Macbook is new, now I don't have a one-year warranty, but only 6 months, and I can't buy Apple Care. What can be done. The serial number is XD****KHK

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 1:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 8:02 AM

Where did you buy the device?

If it was not directly from Apple, there is nothing you can do. Apple starts the warranty when the item is first sold/shipped to the original buyer. It is irrelevant if the device was opened, set up, or not. Apple has done it this way for many years - you have to keep in mind they have no control over what the original buyer does with it and you could not expect them to offer warranty benefits for extended periods of time.

By the way, in this case, you are referring to the original one year manufacturer's warranty; Applecare is an extra coverage you can buy within 60 days of the original purchase date

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2022 8:02 AM in response to rostislav177

Where did you buy the device?

If it was not directly from Apple, there is nothing you can do. Apple starts the warranty when the item is first sold/shipped to the original buyer. It is irrelevant if the device was opened, set up, or not. Apple has done it this way for many years - you have to keep in mind they have no control over what the original buyer does with it and you could not expect them to offer warranty benefits for extended periods of time.

By the way, in this case, you are referring to the original one year manufacturer's warranty; Applecare is an extra coverage you can buy within 60 days of the original purchase date

New MacBook Pro shows AppleCare for only 6 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.