Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Not Charging After IOS 16 Update

After IOS 16 update my iPhone not charging at all. Using the original cable and charger still nothing.

it's showing that it's connected but not charging. Tried hard reboot, still nothing.

No high temprature notification.

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 10:19 PM

I have the same exact problem since day one of iOS16 update. My phone is iPhone 13 Pro Max. I have 2 apple 20W original chargers since my wife is also using iphone 13 Pro Max. Both chargers charge my wife phone just fine, but both of them wont charge mine. However, my phone charges just fine when connect to power bank or computer. I've just updated iOS 16.0.2 today, still have the same problem.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 10:19 PM in response to wicaodian

I have the same exact problem since day one of iOS16 update. My phone is iPhone 13 Pro Max. I have 2 apple 20W original chargers since my wife is also using iphone 13 Pro Max. Both chargers charge my wife phone just fine, but both of them wont charge mine. However, my phone charges just fine when connect to power bank or computer. I've just updated iOS 16.0.2 today, still have the same problem.

Nov 11, 2022 9:23 AM in response to wicaodian

I have the same problem.

I could charge the iphone using the same cable and charger, for that I had to poweroff the iphone while cable and charger connected.

This tells me it is a problem in the iOS, as only after iOS is running the problem appears i.e. If I power on the iphone again, it's showing that it's connected but not charging.

With iphone powered off while charging, it is fully charged after 1h or so.

It is annoying to connect the charger and leave my phone powered off only to charge it.

Please, some solution for this issue?

Nov 27, 2022 2:31 AM in response to wicaodian

I have the same problem after IOS update 16.1.1. I have a 12 mini and my brother has a 12, it happend the same to him.

After I called Apple Support, they confirmed it wasn’t anything wrong with the phone and redirected me to an authorized Apple shop to check my charger and my phone.

The Apple technician tried to hide the problem blaming my charger ( even if the charger is original 20W and it works with other iphones) so I left without any resolution.

The thing is that if I turn off the phone (after I read other posts here) it is charging slowly. It is also charging with the same cable in the laptop.

I also restored my iphone and the problem wasn’t fixed.

Don’t know what else to do, it just annoys me that Apple doesn’t make a statement regarding the issue or at least admit that it is a problem with the IOS.

iPhone Not Charging After IOS 16 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.