Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini keeps joining my iPhones network when I only want it on my IoT network

I want my HomePod Minis to be set up on my IoT network to prevent devices from accessing my computers, data storage, etc... This is a standard best practice for any network. My HomePod Mini keeps joining my iPhones network when I only want it on my IoT network, the minis control other homekit devices (schlage locks, Wemo Doorbell, etc....) that I absolutely do not want accessing my main network. Is there a way to force my minis onto the IoT network and restrict them from my main network while allowing my iPhone to be on the home network and only join the IoT network from time to time?

This seems like something Apple should definitely fix.

Thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 6:33 AM

HomePod inherits the Wi-Fi connections known to your iPhone. The intention is that your devices are on the same network to support AirPlay and HomeKit traffic. If you think things should be otherwise you may wish to use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to share your thoughts with Apple.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

HomePod Mini keeps joining my iPhones network when I only want it on my IoT network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.