You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typing Delay on 2019 MacBook Pro

Ever since I upgraded my computer to macOS Monterey, I've gotten this huge typing delay. It was never like this before. Also the touching pad's not reacting as fast as before either. I have already restarted it five times to see if the delay will go away, but noooo.

I have seen other people saying that downgrading the computer might help. But I wanted to know if there's any other way to fix it besides downgrading the system.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 8:17 AM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2022 8:31 AM in response to DengYx

DengYx wrote:

Ever since I upgraded my computer to macOS Monterey, I've gotten this huge typing delay. It was never like this before. Also the touching pad's not reacting as fast as before either. I have already restarted it five times to see if the delay will go away, but noooo.
I have seen other people saying that downgrading the computer might help. But I wanted to know if there's any other way to fix it besides downgrading the system.

Verify slow keys did not get turned on—

"To quickly turn Sticky Keys and Slow Keys on or off using the Accessibility Shortcuts panel, press Option-Command-F5 (or if your Mac or Magic Keyboard has Touch ID, quickly press Touch ID three times)."

Change your Mac keyboard's response speed - Apple Support

Typing Delay on 2019 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.