Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone is currently stuck in SOS ONLY mode in place of my carrier after updating to ios16

how do I this if possible?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 7:23 AM

these instructions don’t seem to work on Verizon. That page is information only and there are no instructions or options to update anything.

i am having the same problem since getting a new iPhone 14 pro max and it happens almost every night while my phone is plugged in. I wake up and it’s in SOS mode and I have to restart the phone

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 7:23 AM in response to bbesspete

these instructions don’t seem to work on Verizon. That page is information only and there are no instructions or options to update anything.

i am having the same problem since getting a new iPhone 14 pro max and it happens almost every night while my phone is plugged in. I wake up and it’s in SOS mode and I have to restart the phone

Sep 18, 2022 12:21 PM in response to domynic

Hey domynic,

We are happy to help with SOS mode in the status bar of your iPhone.

Have you recently made an SOS call?

Do you have any carrier updates available? Here are the steps to check:

1- Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.

2- Tap Settings > General > About.

3- Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If those steps do not resolve the issue, please reach out to Apple Support directly: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Iphone is currently stuck in SOS ONLY mode in place of my carrier after updating to ios16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.