Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my Favorites?

Favorites won't appear in Safari. I have items in my favorites dept, and it shows this in a column on the left pof the screen, but at the tkp of the main. screen, when i click on bookmarks/show start page, the main screen is blank instead of showing my list of favorites. it used to hbe fine, but now suddenly it isnt.

this is for a monterey 12.6 on a m1 mac. i just updated the firmware and i wish i hadnt.

any thoughts much appreciated.

thanks for reading.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 12:41 PM

Good day samos3, 

Let’s check your customizable settings for a start page in Safari to see what is selected - Customize a start page in Safari on Mac

Customize a start page in Safari on Mac
You can put everything from the web that’s most important to you in one convenient place, the start page.
1. In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Bookmarks > Show Start Page.
2. Click the Options button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
3. Select options for your start page.
• Use Start Page on All Devices: Select this to use the same start page settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You must be signed in to your other devices with the same Apple ID as on your Mac and have Safari turned on in iCloud preferences.
• Tab Group Favorites: Show websites you’ve added as favorites to the selected Tab Group.
• Recently Closed Tabs: Show websites from tabs you’ve recently closed in the selected Tab Group.
• Favorites: Show websites you’ve added as favorites to the main start page.
• Frequently Visited: Show websites you’ve visited often or recently.
• Siri Suggestions: Show suggested websites found in Messages, Mail, and other apps. If Siri Suggestions isn’t listed, you can turn it on. See “Customize Siri suggestions” in Ways to use Siri.
• Reading List: Show webpages you’ve selected to read later.
• Privacy Report: Show a privacy summary, which you can click for details about who was prevented from tracking you.
• iCloud Tabs: Show webpages open on your other devices.
You must be signed in to your other devices with the same Apple ID as on your Mac and have Safari turned on in iCloud preferences.
• Background Image: You can choose a provided image, or choose one of your photos (the first option on the left). If the first option shows an Add button, click it to choose one of your photos. If the first option shows a previously chosen photo, click the Close button to choose a different photo.
You can also drag a photo onto the start page.
4. Drag start page options into the order you want them to appear.
5. Click in the Safari window.

Thanks. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 12:41 PM in response to samos3

Good day samos3, 

Let’s check your customizable settings for a start page in Safari to see what is selected - Customize a start page in Safari on Mac

Customize a start page in Safari on Mac
You can put everything from the web that’s most important to you in one convenient place, the start page.
1. In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Bookmarks > Show Start Page.
2. Click the Options button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
3. Select options for your start page.
• Use Start Page on All Devices: Select this to use the same start page settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You must be signed in to your other devices with the same Apple ID as on your Mac and have Safari turned on in iCloud preferences.
• Tab Group Favorites: Show websites you’ve added as favorites to the selected Tab Group.
• Recently Closed Tabs: Show websites from tabs you’ve recently closed in the selected Tab Group.
• Favorites: Show websites you’ve added as favorites to the main start page.
• Frequently Visited: Show websites you’ve visited often or recently.
• Siri Suggestions: Show suggested websites found in Messages, Mail, and other apps. If Siri Suggestions isn’t listed, you can turn it on. See “Customize Siri suggestions” in Ways to use Siri.
• Reading List: Show webpages you’ve selected to read later.
• Privacy Report: Show a privacy summary, which you can click for details about who was prevented from tracking you.
• iCloud Tabs: Show webpages open on your other devices.
You must be signed in to your other devices with the same Apple ID as on your Mac and have Safari turned on in iCloud preferences.
• Background Image: You can choose a provided image, or choose one of your photos (the first option on the left). If the first option shows an Add button, click it to choose one of your photos. If the first option shows a previously chosen photo, click the Close button to choose a different photo.
You can also drag a photo onto the start page.
4. Drag start page options into the order you want them to appear.
5. Click in the Safari window.

Thanks. 

Where are my Favorites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.