Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

random adress shows up in some apps when starting to type

Dear forum members,

I have the problem that a home address is displayed when I want to type something in various apps ( e.g. spotify, Google maps) this is not my address and the address is not set anywhere as far as I can see now. It looks like a random address in the neighbourhood.

I have reset the keyboard dictionary but can't get it to go away.

When typing mail, I don't get it....

Anyone any idea where it is and how I can get it removed.

See below example when I want to look up a song in spotify the keyboard opens and immediately the suggestion with thuis and the blurred so called address, what is not my adress.

thuis means home.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:28 PM

Rut1990 Said:

"random adress shows up in some apps when starting to type: [...]I have reset the keyboard dictionary but can't get it to go away.When typing mail, I don't get it....Anyone any idea where it is and how I can get it removed.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Turn Off -- then Back On -- Predictive Text:

Go Here: Use Predictive Text on iPad - Apple Support

See if this goes away. You must have types this, and it remembers it in the caches.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 4:28 PM in response to Rut1990

Rut1990 Said:

"random adress shows up in some apps when starting to type: [...]I have reset the keyboard dictionary but can't get it to go away.When typing mail, I don't get it....Anyone any idea where it is and how I can get it removed.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Turn Off -- then Back On -- Predictive Text:

Go Here: Use Predictive Text on iPad - Apple Support

See if this goes away. You must have types this, and it remembers it in the caches.

Oct 1, 2022 7:14 PM in response to Rut1990

Rut1990 Said:

"random adress shows up in some apps when starting to type: Unfortunately, it doesn't work it keeps returning. The address also keeps changing.: It is irritating"

-------

Disable Predictive Text:

What happens when you disable Predictive Text? Does it just stop? OR does it still occur? If it still occurs, then it is something in the iPadOS.

Restore this to Factory Settings:

My recommendation from here, is to backup all of your data, and then restore this to factory settings. All of this may go away. You'd import your data that you've just backed up. So, to to this, perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

random adress shows up in some apps when starting to type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.