Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air broken screen

I bought a Macbook air 1.5 years ago at costco and the screen is messed up. is it covered by either costco or apple?

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:55 PM

MichaelTammy Said:

"Macbook air broken screen: I bought a Macbook air 1.5 years ago at costco and the screen is messed up. is it covered by either costco or apple?"

-------

Repairing a cracked Mac Screen:

Apple Officer this Service: Apple Display Service & Repair - Apple Support

So, do you have AppleCare? If you have AppleCare, then it might be covered. If not, you'd likely have to purchase a new screen. A screen would likely cost just as much as a computer (maybe not a Mac). So, to recover data, use an external monitor, and connect it. As for Costco, you'd have to go through them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 4:55 PM in response to MichaelTammy

MichaelTammy Said:

"Macbook air broken screen: I bought a Macbook air 1.5 years ago at costco and the screen is messed up. is it covered by either costco or apple?"

-------

Repairing a cracked Mac Screen:

Apple Officer this Service: Apple Display Service & Repair - Apple Support

So, do you have AppleCare? If you have AppleCare, then it might be covered. If not, you'd likely have to purchase a new screen. A screen would likely cost just as much as a computer (maybe not a Mac). So, to recover data, use an external monitor, and connect it. As for Costco, you'd have to go through them.

Macbook air broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.