You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough free space to update to Mac OS 12.6

Today I attempted to update to Mac OS 12.6 and got the following message:

I deleted a large number of files through Manage Storage then restarted twice. Here is the result after this process:

It still would not let me update even though I have 386.25 GB free. It appears that the purgeable space of 368.95 must be subtracted from the free space which leaves 17.3 GB, which is less than the 18.76 needed to update.

What to I do to remove this purgeable space? Deleting large files is not helping since the ration of free and purgeable does not seem to change?

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2022 1:28 PM in response to Sikh

I was finally able to install the update. The method I used makes no sense but it worked. I first installed the Safari 16.0 update separately since it was small. After this I was able to install the Mac OS 12.6 update with no problem. I have no explanation why this worked!

Not enough free space to update to Mac OS 12.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.