Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't play a song downloaded from iTunes

I have created a movie for personal use and used the songs that show up in iMovie. The song adds correctly, I can see the green bar and the sound waves and it plays in iMovie but when I share to a file on my desktop, it no longer plays one of the songs. I understand that some songs are protected but those don't show up in my iMovie song options usually. What can I do? The movie is complete and I will have a difficult time replacing a song in the middle of the movie. Thanks!

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 6:51 PM

Try deleting preferences and then share out again.

To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the

box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 6:51 PM in response to HeatherWeidle

Try deleting preferences and then share out again.

To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the

box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie won't play a song downloaded from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.