Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios16 stuck on completing upgrade

My iPhone 11 Pro Max won't finish completing installation of ios16. It's been stuck on the Apple logo for 3 days and the bar won't reach the end. I've already used force restart and connected it to my Mac but it's unrecognizable. What can I do?

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 7:08 PM

westeros98 Said:

"ios16 stuck on completing upgrade: My iPhone 11 Pro Max won't finish completing installation of ios16. It's been stuck on the Apple logo for 3 days and the bar won't reach the end. I've already used force restart and connected it to my Mac but it's unrecognizable. What can I do?"

-------

Use a Computer: Power it off, and update it through a computer.

Updating your iPhone:

Update Using a Computer: Power off your iPhone, and then perform this through a computer...

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 7:08 PM in response to westeros98

westeros98 Said:

"ios16 stuck on completing upgrade: My iPhone 11 Pro Max won't finish completing installation of ios16. It's been stuck on the Apple logo for 3 days and the bar won't reach the end. I've already used force restart and connected it to my Mac but it's unrecognizable. What can I do?"

-------

Use a Computer: Power it off, and update it through a computer.

Updating your iPhone:

Update Using a Computer: Power off your iPhone, and then perform this through a computer...

Sep 16, 2022 7:38 PM in response to kjk Virginia

westeros98 Said:

"ios16 stuck on completing upgrade: This option does not work if you want to install ios16 because it says your iphone software is up to date ios 15.7 thus does not update to ios16! I am tired of waiting forever and having to delete ios16 from storage and start all over again and repeadtedly freeze and never finish updating. What is the solution?"

-------

Uninstall Beta Software:

If this will not allow for iOS 16, then do you have any beta software installed? If so, uninstall it. Once uninstalled, see if it then works.: How to Uninstall iOS or iPadOS Beta Software - Apple Support

ios16 stuck on completing upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.