Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the iOS 16 update.

After the iOS 16 update, does your phone also drain its battery faster and heat up when charging it now?

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 7:43 PM

14 replies

Sep 26, 2022 4:17 AM in response to ambroise666

I opened a call with Apple support and they are aware of it. Please log a support call with them. Also it may be causing the battery health on older phones to drop as well. My daughter's iPhone 11 pro did so (It fell below 80% and recomended replacing) in which case you should claim on Apple to replace it for you for free if it is iOS 16 that has caused it.

Sep 19, 2022 1:57 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I see a lot of iOS 16 not being able to charge. Hey I got the 14pro max the day it was released….and everyday it says my memory is full lol. I was only using 199gb on my iCloud and 13 pro max 512gb. Now I got the 14 it also is 512gb memory, my phone says I have 510gb used by system data storage. Then I’m stuck with full memory and can’t use much of my phone.

After the iOS 16 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.