Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get into a note if I was locked out and forgot the password

I am locked out of one of my notes, is there a way to reset the password so I can get back into it? It’s an important note that I need

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:35 AM

You will need to remember the original password or you won't be able to unlock the note.

You can change you Note password, but If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes.

See -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 1:35 AM in response to Osbach

You will need to remember the original password or you won't be able to unlock the note.

You can change you Note password, but If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes.

See -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

How can I get into a note if I was locked out and forgot the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.