Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Up Next not syncing between device and TV App

I have an Apple TV box, and the App on a smart TV. Shows I have started watching, or shows I have added manually do not sync between the device and the app. They are both using the same iCloud username. Currently I have a list of about 10 shows in UpNext on the device, but only 4 of these on the to app. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 11:43 AM

The Up Next queue list in the TV app on the Apple TV box (and iPhone, and iPad) can have content from ‘connected’ other apps in it, as facilitated by the device OS.

The Up Next queue list in the Apple TV app on third party devices can only show in-app content in it, as it can’t (and isn’t allowed to) connect to third party apps there.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 11:43 AM in response to errolian13

The Up Next queue list in the TV app on the Apple TV box (and iPhone, and iPad) can have content from ‘connected’ other apps in it, as facilitated by the device OS.

The Up Next queue list in the Apple TV app on third party devices can only show in-app content in it, as it can’t (and isn’t allowed to) connect to third party apps there.

Up Next not syncing between device and TV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.