I can no longer remove shows from the "Up Next" menu. One Long press does not give me the option to delete a show.

I used to be able to remove shows from the "Up Next" menu by long-pressing a show on the "Up Next" menu. Now, when I long-press the image, nothing happens. Also: "Up Next" looks different on AppleTV screen and other devices (MacStudio, iPad, and iPhone). The "Up Next" items do not synch between Apple TV and other devices. There are 15 items on the Apple TV screen, but only 3 items on other devices. If the items synched, I could easily edit them on Mac, iPad or iPhone, but the shows I want to delete do not appear on those devices. And I do not have that option on the AppleTV. I have signed out of Apple TV on my iPad and iPhone and re-installed the apps, but this does not fix the problem.

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 1:29 PM

Up Next is supposed to sync for matching Apple ID account, and when all the editions of the Apple TV app are each set to use play history (nearly all devices)/view history (Mac). Verify that these settings are activated.

Click-and-hold on a tile in Up Next should bring up the contextual menu, which looks a bit different in tvOS 17 than in tvOS 16 and earlier, but one of the options should still be Remove from Up Next.

If it doesn't give you the options, then try a device restart from Settings﹥System﹥Restart.

If the issue persists after that, then contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2023 1:29 PM in response to Jeanne2825

Up Next is supposed to sync for matching Apple ID account, and when all the editions of the Apple TV app are each set to use play history (nearly all devices)/view history (Mac). Verify that these settings are activated.

Click-and-hold on a tile in Up Next should bring up the contextual menu, which looks a bit different in tvOS 17 than in tvOS 16 and earlier, but one of the options should still be Remove from Up Next.

If it doesn't give you the options, then try a device restart from Settings﹥System﹥Restart.

If the issue persists after that, then contact Apple Support.

I can no longer remove shows from the "Up Next" menu. One Long press does not give me the option to delete a show.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.