Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I create a new contact on iPhone with iOS 16 from the dial pad, the contact saves under my email list and not in the iCloud list. How do I change this?

I upgraded my iPhone 12 Pro Max to iOS 16.0 (20A362). In the upgrade I can see Lists for my contacts. In my Lists I show 10 contacts under Gmail, 133 contacts under iCloud, and 35 under my school email. I noticed that when I create a new contact from the dial keypad of the phone, the contact saves under the school email and not iCloud. How do I switch the contact to be in the iCloud list, and how do I get newly created contacts to save under iCloud list and not my school email list?

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 9:05 AM

Go to Settings->Contacts->Default Account and make sure it set to iCloud.

To add it to the iCloud list, open the contact in the contacts app, and scroll down to the bottom, and there should be an "add to list" option there. Tap it and select a different list to add it to.

It will copy the contact there, if you no longer want the contact in the original location, you will have to manually delete it from there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 9:05 AM in response to mwagoner

Go to Settings->Contacts->Default Account and make sure it set to iCloud.

To add it to the iCloud list, open the contact in the contacts app, and scroll down to the bottom, and there should be an "add to list" option there. Tap it and select a different list to add it to.

It will copy the contact there, if you no longer want the contact in the original location, you will have to manually delete it from there.

When I create a new contact on iPhone with iOS 16 from the dial pad, the contact saves under my email list and not in the iCloud list. How do I change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.