Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you save a multi-stop routes in Maps?

I see Apple has added multi-stop routes in iOS 16 Maps. Nice. I'd like to be able to use it for road trip planning. Is there a way to create and save a route?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 6:55 AM

Thanks. Appreciate the response.

I knew how to create the route. What I was seeking was a way to save the route. Sorry for being unclear. I'll submit that as a new feature request. Flabbergasted this was not part of the plan. Seems silly to have to budget/leave time to plan/save a route just before you're ready to embark on it (be it cross-country or on an urban run), rather than being able to plan it ahead of time and share.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2022 6:55 AM in response to hc1111

Thanks. Appreciate the response.

I knew how to create the route. What I was seeking was a way to save the route. Sorry for being unclear. I'll submit that as a new feature request. Flabbergasted this was not part of the plan. Seems silly to have to budget/leave time to plan/save a route just before you're ready to embark on it (be it cross-country or on an urban run), rather than being able to plan it ahead of time and share.

Sep 19, 2022 1:09 PM in response to EMH_OK

Hey there EMH_OK,

If you're looking to add stops along your route, you can add up to 14 by using these steps:

1. Do one of the following:
• Tap Add Stop (below Directions), use the search field or a recent search result to find and select a place to stop, then tap Add (in the list of search results) or Add Stop (in the place card for a search result).
Zoom in and move the map, tap a place (for example, a landmark or business), then tap Add Stop in the place card. Or touch and hold a spot to mark it with a pin, then tap Add Stop in the place card.
Your selected stop appears as the final destination in the Directions list.
2. Touch and hold the Reorder button for the stop, then drag it ahead of your final destination.
To delete the stop, swipe it left.

Select other route options in Maps on iPhone - Apple Support

If you're looking for features not yet available, feel free to submit feedback: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

Can you save a multi-stop routes in Maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.