Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset my MacBook Air

I don't see "erase all content" in system preferences. Is there another way to do this?

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 2:12 PM

The erase all content in System Preferences is only an option on newer MacBook Air models (2018 and later). See the full description of models where it is available in item 1 of What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

For other models, skip item 1 and do the remaining steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 2:12 PM in response to ZiaBose

The erase all content in System Preferences is only an option on newer MacBook Air models (2018 and later). See the full description of models where it is available in item 1 of What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

For other models, skip item 1 and do the remaining steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Factory reset my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.