Related Article: About the security content of macOS Monterey 12.6

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 16" 2021 getting hot after 12.6 update

Hi, I recently purchased a 1tb 16" Macbook pro and frequently use it while having laptop on my lap. Since Monterey 12.6 update it now gets hot while just using internet browser. Very annoyed and needs to be fixed, or sent a new more powerful $5000 dollar laptop that can handle internet surfing.

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:56 AM

Upsetmacuserboydr wrote:

Hi, I recently purchased a 1tb 16" Macbook pro and frequently use it while having laptop on my lap. Since Monterey 12.6 update it now gets hot while just using internet browser....

Have you shut down and rebooted more than once since your 12.6 update...?

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

generally—Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 8:56 AM in response to Upsetmacuserboydr

Upsetmacuserboydr wrote:

Hi, I recently purchased a 1tb 16" Macbook pro and frequently use it while having laptop on my lap. Since Monterey 12.6 update it now gets hot while just using internet browser....

Have you shut down and rebooted more than once since your 12.6 update...?

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

generally—Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Macbook pro 16" 2021 getting hot after 12.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.