Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon prime app stopped working on apple tv 4k

Ive watched amazon prime videos almost everyday on my apple tv box, but suddenly the app stopped working (About 3 days ago). Whenever i click on it with my remote, the icon just kind of bounces, like it wants to start but crashes. There is no open window in the 'open window tab' to shut off/turn on , ive tried rebooting my apple tv, i uninstalled and reinstalled the app 6 times by now but nothing helps, the app just wont start. Every other streaming app doesnt have a problem (disney, hbo, netflix)

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 2:49 AM

Verify that your Apple TV box has up-to-date system software. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Their app now requires tvOS 14.3 or later, according to their own App Store submission. [1]

Else try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 2:49 AM in response to DeadlyNinjaLHS

Verify that your Apple TV box has up-to-date system software. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Their app now requires tvOS 14.3 or later, according to their own App Store submission. [1]

Else try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

Amazon prime app stopped working on apple tv 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.