Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removed Family member Storage condition?

I'm about to remove a member off my shared iCloud because I needed more iCloud storage. If I remove them, what will happen to their current stored storage?

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 8:51 PM

When you remove a member from family sharing Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support See the article Remove family members from a Family Sharing group on Mac - Apple Support

The person you remove from the family keeps purchases paid for using the shared credit card, but immediately loses access to other things the family shares.

• Other family members’ items no longer appear in the Purchased section of the iTunes Store, the App Store, and Apple Books. 

• DRM-protected music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps the family member previously downloaded are no longer usable if someone else originally purchased them. Other family members can no longer use DRM-protected content downloaded from the former member’s collection.

• In-app purchases become unavailable if the family member bought them using an app someone else originally purchased. The family member can regain access to the in-app purchases by purchasing the app.

• Family members’ device locations don’t appear when the family member uses the Find My app on a Mac, on iCloud.com, or on a iOS or iPadOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 8:51 PM in response to _iPhone14isexactlylikeiPhone13

When you remove a member from family sharing Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support See the article Remove family members from a Family Sharing group on Mac - Apple Support

The person you remove from the family keeps purchases paid for using the shared credit card, but immediately loses access to other things the family shares.

• Other family members’ items no longer appear in the Purchased section of the iTunes Store, the App Store, and Apple Books. 

• DRM-protected music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps the family member previously downloaded are no longer usable if someone else originally purchased them. Other family members can no longer use DRM-protected content downloaded from the former member’s collection.

• In-app purchases become unavailable if the family member bought them using an app someone else originally purchased. The family member can regain access to the in-app purchases by purchasing the app.

• Family members’ device locations don’t appear when the family member uses the Find My app on a Mac, on iCloud.com, or on a iOS or iPadOS device.

Removed Family member Storage condition?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.