Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ intermittent problem zooming in.

Zooming problem with Apple TV +. Intermittent with no way to resolve

My Apple TV Picture has zoomed in too large to fit my TV screen. It appears to be an issue with Apple TV, as the TV works fine with all other devices. I have tried resetting and restarting the Apple TV, but it is still the same. Please help

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 7:08 PM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2022 3:18 PM in response to imnotageek

Hi imnotageek,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

From your description, it sounds like Zoom may be switched on. This page of the larger Apple TV User Guide should help: Use Zoom to magnify the image on Apple TV

"In Settings on Apple TV, go to Accessibility > Zoom and turn Zoom on."

If that doesn't explain it, then it may actually be your TV set. The particular HDMI input you are using may have a zoomed in aspect ratio set up. You may want to check them TV's menu for that particular input.

Have a fantastic day!

Sep 20, 2022 4:19 AM in response to imnotageek

There is an Accessibility Shortcut (triple tap Menu) that could have been accidentally invoked. The Accessibility Shortcut can activate a configureable set of accessibility functions, which may or may not include Zoom. To disable the Accessibility Shortcut de-select all functions for the shortcut.

Add an accessibility shortcut to Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV+ intermittent problem zooming in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.