You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay won’t let me use it

I have a credit card added to my Apple wallet so I can pay family easily and quickly over text. Alas when I try to pay a request Apple Pay insists I need to add a card. Ok so I rescan my card and it says it’s already in the wallet… but if it’s already in the wallet why won’t it let me pay with it? It’s getting on my last nerve because it never used to do this. Removing the card and reading it does nothing either it just always wants a new card but won’t use it for seemingly no reason.

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 8:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 8:58 PM

You can send money to your family and friends using iMessages and the Apple Cash card. The Apple Cash card should be linked to an Eligible Debit Card and not a credit card in the wallet app. Can you ensure that you have a Debit Card in the Wallet app for use?

More information on this subject here 👉 How to setup Apple Cash.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2022 8:58 PM in response to Twitchybait

You can send money to your family and friends using iMessages and the Apple Cash card. The Apple Cash card should be linked to an Eligible Debit Card and not a credit card in the wallet app. Can you ensure that you have a Debit Card in the Wallet app for use?

More information on this subject here 👉 How to setup Apple Cash.

Axel F.

Apple Pay won’t let me use it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.