Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message software update required when connecting to an iMac and iPhone

How do i stop this annoying message every time i connect my iphone to imac for charging through a usb cable, then install fails

then this happens

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 11:56 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 19, 2022 5:53 PM in response to madhusudhanrao_iphone12promax

Hi madhusudhanrao_iphone12promax, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are getting a prompt to for a software update, but the installation failed.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Have you had the chance to try a different network to install the software update?

This detail can help isolate network-related issues.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

Sep 19, 2022 6:09 PM in response to madhusudhanrao_iphone12promax

What macOS version? If you have Mojave or older, the message means iTunes needs a patch to continue managing devices running iOS 16. It only patches Tunes and will NOT change your Mac's operating system.

I upgraded my iPhone to iOS16 using my iMac 2017 running Mojave and got the same message. If you had an install failure with the patch, make sure you turn off any useless anti-virus or so-called "cleaning" apps..\

Message software update required when connecting to an iMac and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.