Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hdmi lightning accessory - audio not working after iOS 16 update

I’ve been using the hdmi lightning accessory to connect my iPhone 13 Pro Max to my tv to watch crave tv and Netflix. Im doing it this way so that I can stream at a lower quality and use less data. This was working flawlessly until I updated to iOS 16. Now when I connect the video works but there is no audio. I have tried doing a soft reset on my phone, removing the apps and reinstalling them, adjusting sound on my phone and nothing has solved the issue. Funny thing is when I connect to the tv and play a video on apple fitness there is no issue with audio. Anyone else having this issue?? Help?!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:39 AM

31 replies

Nov 16, 2022 10:17 PM in response to cassidi80

bonjour de jean-jacques du sud de la France

ça devient de pire en pire !

apple nous punit !

hier tout content je reçois la nouvelle mise à jour vers le IOS 16.1.1

et toujours pas de son en HDMI pour la TV de mon fournisseur SFR

et ??

du coup je vais avec le iphone 8 de monépouse qui marchait = c'est fini bloqué ! pas de son

ET ENCORE PIRE

MON VIEUX IPHONE 5 (qui me servait de radio ) mais qui faisait passer le son en HDMI !!!!

lui aussi l'IPHONE 5 est bloqué ; c'est vraiment dur pour quand je vais à l'hotel à l'étranger (Espagne )

en ce moment on perd tout et on nous bride la vie et

personne pour nous répondre de manière cohérente

je suis très déçu et mes copains qui ont d'autres marques en androïd ?? ça marche pour eux

faut qu'APPLE se bouge et offre un service digne de la pomme

Dec 3, 2022 1:59 AM in response to jean-jacques211

hello APPLE or the high class they released a new "update""

he is marked ; that it solved the problems between the access providers and applications??

so result = NOTHING as before no sound!

NO IMPROVEMENT

what a great job ... jean-jacques

more and more disappointing these developers from APPLE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bonjour APPLE ou la grande classe ils ont sortie une nouvelle "mise à jour ""

il est marqué ; qu'elle résolue les problèmes entre les fournisseurs d 'accès et applications ??

donc résultat = RIEN comme avant pas de son !

AUCUNE AMELIORATION

quel beau travail ... jean-jacques

de plus en plus decevant ces dévellopeur de chez APPLE

Dec 7, 2022 10:28 AM in response to JLit209

thank you ! Jlit 209

I don't know if you are using the same one that APPLE sells.

but this accessory has always worked in HDMI and now;

I am sure and certain that it is APPLE which made a bubble; it is APPLE responsible for this dysfunction, in addition in store they always sell the accessory

so I'm waiting for APPLE to make a correction

if they stay like that = WITHOUT MOVING "it's my last device at home!

jean-jacques if i can i put a photo / have a nice day

Dec 15, 2022 4:08 AM in response to GeeTee24

bonjour à la communauté APPLE

je suis vraiment déçu de la qualité du travail des dévellopeurs de APPLE

j'ai donc la toute nouvelle version de IOS et ???

et ben pareil

ça marche pas le son ne sort pas avec SFR TV 8

CA FAIT PAS TRES SERIEUX OU BONNE MARQUE

voici la photo de la dernière mise à jour IOS

je suis vraiment déçu de mon iphone 14

Sep 22, 2022 3:07 AM in response to Tlynn92

I’m having the same issue with the SpectrumTV app immediately after updating to ios16. I noticed that after updating the os and connecting my hdmi adapter, my iPhone SE automatically showed a message that it downloaded a new firmware. not sure if that’s related.

YouTube audio works fine but spectrum tv does not. I tried reinstalling the app, but no luck. My new iPhone 14 pro arrived yesterday and it also plays no audio over hdmi.

Very frustrating.

Nov 13, 2022 12:31 AM in response to KeeneM

bonjour KEENE M

j'ai fait un contact avec APPLE CARE ; ils me répondent = on note vos informations et on va travailler pour la résolution

1) je leur ai dit pourquoi quand je met sur AVION ( silence ) il y a pas le symbôle de la lune ?? sur l'écran ??

2 ) pourquoi , alors que tout le monde parle de mondialisation , et que c'est un appareil de COMMUNICATION il est si difficile de traduire un mail ou autre ?? est ce digne d'une marque premium ???

3 ) je ne peux pas supporter de voir que j'ai pas le son sur la TV de mon fournisseur français ( SFR ) tout marche youtube etc .... comme d'habitude = ils répondent ON TRAVAILLE DESSUS j'ai contacté mon fournisseur d'accès et ils m'ont dit le problème vient et ait connu UNIQUEMENT DE LA PART DE ""APPLE ""

donc si ils ne font plus rien ??

je pense que ce sera mon diernier produit de la marque à la pomme !

je suis fidèle depuis le iphone 4 j'en suis au "" n°= 14 "" et je constate que le service devient pas très TOP ! beaucoup de clients sont déçus ...

merci a ceux qui lisent de faire remonter les infos afin qu'APPLE se bouge ! jean-jacques du sud de la FRANCE

mes respects à toutes (tous )

Nov 17, 2022 3:39 AM in response to KeeneM

hello KEENEM

in fact also the fact that you tell me that you do not understand; it is also proof of the delay of ""APPLE"" because here I answer you on my Windows 10 desktop computer. and there it translates immediately

I had asked APPLE to make a translation system for emails or sites, but nothing happened!

it's not very clen from them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

to translate for you because I don't speak your language I'm from the south of France

I put on my iphone 14 the new IOS 16.1.1 update. and it still doesn't work!

on the other hand, having put this ios 16.1.1 version on my wife's iphone 8! I lost the sound on the TV, and even my iPhone 5 which worked does not work anymore

I contacted APPLECARE at 11:30 this Thursday 17/11/22 and they tell me it's the fault of my access provider!!!

but that is not true! since I read on this site in English that other people complain of not being able to pass the sound of their app and there it is not a French app like SFR so the problem is with APPLE.

I am very disappointed to see that my iphone 14 phone does not translate immediately and in a simple way and that they destroyed my use of the ligthing and the HDMI cable!!

only the image passes; but no sound

on my side it's never their fault!

I'm disappointed to see this

good day Jean Jacques

Nov 29, 2022 6:08 PM in response to Tlynn92

I too cannot access the sound on most of my apps. It super frustrating as I use my hdmi to lightning adapter in my car for my kids to watch videos. So far I know that prime, hbo max and paramount plus don’t work. Disney plus does work but that’s all I know of. How do we fix this? When I first plugged my phone on after the update it gave a message about something needing to be downloaded. I was in a hurry and assumed that was happening automatically. I wish I would have took a screen shot of the message.

Nov 30, 2022 12:09 AM in response to Nishukan

hello to the APPLE community and also to the people who want to communicate our troubles to them!

(first of all I'm from the SOUTH of France)) I use google translate to talk to you)

Well !! personally I find that the large firm APPLE is not very reactive as before! for my case = it is by the LIGHNING that the sound does not pass!

today I know for sure that it is an APPLE house problem.

it was they who made a mistake in the updates and ??

THEY ARE NOT VERY QUICK TO RECTIFY it's not very worthy for a brand of VERY HIGH-END PRODUCTS I have a lot of criticism for APPLE

they care less and less about their customers and APPLECARE services are not very trained to know how to respond

NB= I will try to put you a video again and you will be able to see it; only with an IPAD (not updated) everything works!!!

so it's APPLE that works badly and does not want to fix! maybe they even did this thing VOLUNTARILY to sell us another device in the future?? jean-jacques (FRANCE)

supporting video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpo-NhbvxGY

je vous remercie de faire remonter à la direction APPLE / jean-jacques ( 30/11/2022 )

Nov 30, 2022 1:03 AM in response to JustMe_x

hello APPLECARE FRANCE had the nerve to tell me that they were not aware of the situation and ............................. .......... that I was an isolated case or that maybe it comes from my access provider so there they see that it's their fault. and that this situation affects many other people and this ... in other countries

thanks to the APPLE developers / jean-jacques

Dec 7, 2022 9:54 AM in response to Tlynn92

When I first connected my lighting to the HDMI adaptor, I received a message this message:

Accessory - Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes. (OK)

I was testing with a TV/Monitor that I use with my laptop. I can hear sound correctly when my iPhone 12 running iOS16 is connected to a regular HDMI port. The sound does not come through when connected to the HDMI/DVI port. I'm not sure if that's expected but wanted to share the details of my experience.

hdmi lightning accessory - audio not working after iOS 16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.