Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding cadence settings for Apple Watch

I've seen instructions on how to track cadence with Apple Watch that says to open the watch app on iPhone and find workout and find the cadence setting but there is no cadence setting there in my app. What am I missing? After a workout it shows ave. pace but not steps per minute which is what I am looking for. All apps and IOS version(16) are current as of today.

I know...MATH. I just want to save some time calculating.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 9:22 AM

gfeld1953 wrote:

Thanks for the info and I was able to find the cadence for outdoor run but couldn’t find it for outdoor walk. Again thanks!

I don't know that it exists for an outdoor walk. However, I don't think there's any reason you couldn't use Outdoor Run when you're walking.

5 replies

Sep 16, 2022 2:50 PM in response to gfeld1953

Sorry, I should have checked those instructions more closely.

Yes, you can set up cadence as one of the metrics ahead of time.

On your watch, go to Workouts>Outdoor Run. Tap the three dots at the upper right. Pick an option. Tap the little Pencil. Tap Workout Views, then Edit Views. Cadence is included in one of the default options (Metrics 2) but you can edit those.

Sep 16, 2022 2:32 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

So it appears that you need to be actively moving in order to pull up the cadence steps per minute option rather than being able to pre select as a default? Seems like a bother while you’re trying to workout. As I mentioned there are no options within the app referring to cadence but my assumption was it could be added as a default and I couldn’t see a way.

Finding cadence settings for Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.