Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working after IOS 16 update on iPhone 11 Pro

I just updated my iPhone 11 with the new IOS 16 update. Now iMessage and FaceTime are no longer working? How do I fix this? or when will a fix be issued?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:16 PM

My iPhone 13 Pro Max did not have the problem with iOS 16 nor did my sisters iPhone 12 and my friend's iPhone 12 Pro so I don't think it is a widespread problem. There are two types of restart, turning it off/on and a forced restart. Did you do the second? Have you tried a restore from your backup? Also you might try signing out of iCloud and back in. If none of those work call AppleCare.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 8:16 PM in response to george.jacksn1

My iPhone 13 Pro Max did not have the problem with iOS 16 nor did my sisters iPhone 12 and my friend's iPhone 12 Pro so I don't think it is a widespread problem. There are two types of restart, turning it off/on and a forced restart. Did you do the second? Have you tried a restore from your backup? Also you might try signing out of iCloud and back in. If none of those work call AppleCare.

Sep 16, 2022 8:12 PM in response to deggie

Yes, I've tried to restart my iPhone 11 Pro several times this morning, as well as, toggle on/off iMessage button and FaceTime as it seems these two features are linked?

Has Apple acknowledged this issue with iOS 16 update and other devices besides iPhone 14? Can we anticipate a patch similar to iOS 16.0.1 for earlier devises?

I'm reluctant to update my other iOS devices until this issue with iMessaging is resolved. Thanks for your comments though.

iMessage not working after IOS 16 update on iPhone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.