Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is that good or not using plugged in the Macbook Air M1 all the time?

Seriously,I want to know that it can damage Macbook battery and may effect the circle count or something like that battery capacity you know.While charging, the power source is from Power Adapter, so it is confused me that I am using the power from Power Adapter directly or may damage battery.

In system report tab, charging : No while 100% battery charged. Someone pls help me.I am not using for heavy work.I am just a student of Flutter Programming.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 7:40 PM

Hi,

It's ok to use your MacBook Air while plugged in all the time. It actually saves on the number of cycles on the battery, of which there is a finite amount. The built-in charging circuitry does everything it needs to do in order to take care of the battery. So use your MBA on battery when you want to, otherwise you can leave it plugged in.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 7:40 PM in response to KoOo12

Hi,

It's ok to use your MacBook Air while plugged in all the time. It actually saves on the number of cycles on the battery, of which there is a finite amount. The built-in charging circuitry does everything it needs to do in order to take care of the battery. So use your MBA on battery when you want to, otherwise you can leave it plugged in.

Is that good or not using plugged in the Macbook Air M1 all the time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.