Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guided Access

How do I trouble shoot guided access. When I start guided access it doesn’t allow me to make the whole screen gray. When I triple click the lock button to adjust, or end guided access, the movie movies to the far right bottom, and i’m only allowed to adjust the grayed out area on one side of the screen.

13 Pro Max, IOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 9:17 PM

ekaaane__ Said:

"Guided Access: How do I trouble shoot guided access. When I start guided access it doesn’t allow me to make the whole screen gray. When I triple click the lock button to adjust, or end guided access, the movie movies to the far right bottom, and i’m only allowed to adjust the grayed out area on one side of the screen."

-------

Troubleshooting Guided Access:

A. Can't Use a Button for Guided Access:

Go Here: If a Button or Switch isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Forgetting the Guided Access Password:

You need to change the passcode, with 2FA enabled

1. Use a passcode with your iPhone
  2. Force shutdown the iPhone
  3. Restart the iPhone
  4. Go to: Settings
  5. Tap: Accessibility
  6. Tap: Guided Access
  7. Change the passcode

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 9:17 PM in response to ekaaane__

ekaaane__ Said:

"Guided Access: How do I trouble shoot guided access. When I start guided access it doesn’t allow me to make the whole screen gray. When I triple click the lock button to adjust, or end guided access, the movie movies to the far right bottom, and i’m only allowed to adjust the grayed out area on one side of the screen."

-------

Troubleshooting Guided Access:

A. Can't Use a Button for Guided Access:

Go Here: If a Button or Switch isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Forgetting the Guided Access Password:

You need to change the passcode, with 2FA enabled

1. Use a passcode with your iPhone
  2. Force shutdown the iPhone
  3. Restart the iPhone
  4. Go to: Settings
  5. Tap: Accessibility
  6. Tap: Guided Access
  7. Change the passcode

Guided Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.