Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guided access

So I turned on guided access and I drew a circle on access so that my sister can stay on one video on YouTube but I have a problem when I try to turn it off I can I can’t use the home button because it broke from something else and i have the assistive touch on but the button is included where the bubble is at that I can’t touch anything so is there an solution?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 10:17 AM

It is a common misconception that an iPad (or iPhone) can remain fully functional with damaged or defective physical buttons. 

Whilst Accessibility features (such as assistive touch) can be used to augment the User Interface, these features cannot be used as a substitute for physical button sequences that must be used to trigger system recovery/escape actions. Sooner or later, as now, you will encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

Until repaired, you may not be able to cancel Guided Access, resolve a disabled iPad, or reset a forgotten device passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2022 10:17 AM in response to tanijah80

It is a common misconception that an iPad (or iPhone) can remain fully functional with damaged or defective physical buttons. 

Whilst Accessibility features (such as assistive touch) can be used to augment the User Interface, these features cannot be used as a substitute for physical button sequences that must be used to trigger system recovery/escape actions. Sooner or later, as now, you will encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

Until repaired, you may not be able to cancel Guided Access, resolve a disabled iPad, or reset a forgotten device passcode.

Guided access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.