Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shares screen

I am running iOS 15.7 on IPad Pro,I have been running MS Teams and sharing my screen to desktops laptops for my students., I have been doing this for the past 2 years I can not share my screen now. I can share Whiteboard/video/photos etc but not the “screen” I can share from laptop / desktop to IPad but not Ipad to laptop l just wonder if I accidentally changed some setting to prevent screen share or if there has been some change with iOS 15.7 that is preventing mr]e form doing so

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 3:51 AM

iPadOS does not natively support direct screen sharing to a connected Windows PC or Mac. You can, however, share your screen with other Apple devices using FaceTime - or mirror your screen to an AppleTV or monitor using AirPlay. As such, on the basis of your description, I’m at a loss to understand how you have previously shared your iPad screen to other devices.

There are some iPad Apps in the App Store that provide some external connectivity options for PC and Mac (such as Duet and Duet Pro). These can be expensive - and have mixed reviews.

Here is a third-party comparison of some of the options - including a detailed look at SideCar for Mac computers:

https://thesweetsetup.com/apps/best-app-for-using-an-ipad-as-an-external-display/

There are third-party Apps that may be able to

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 3:51 AM in response to paddy293

iPadOS does not natively support direct screen sharing to a connected Windows PC or Mac. You can, however, share your screen with other Apple devices using FaceTime - or mirror your screen to an AppleTV or monitor using AirPlay. As such, on the basis of your description, I’m at a loss to understand how you have previously shared your iPad screen to other devices.

There are some iPad Apps in the App Store that provide some external connectivity options for PC and Mac (such as Duet and Duet Pro). These can be expensive - and have mixed reviews.

Here is a third-party comparison of some of the options - including a detailed look at SideCar for Mac computers:

https://thesweetsetup.com/apps/best-app-for-using-an-ipad-as-an-external-display/

There are third-party Apps that may be able to

Shares screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.