Related Article: If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add debit card to Apple Wallet

I've recently purchased several different products and am having trouble adding my debit card to my wallet. Previously my debit card worked fine but as I've added new hardware to the mix it won't let me add my debit card I've previously used. It worked before but now it doesn't. I've contacted my credit union and they say they can't do anything because they don't see any tokens to authorize. The last time they did was late September last year when I had gotten a different phone. They say I need to contact Apple. Apple says I need to contact the card. I'm stuck in a doom loop.

I've tried making sure my region is set correctly and followed the help from other articles. Very frustrated! Here's a screenshot. This behavior happens on ALL my apple devices (mac, iPad, watch, phone)

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:19 AM

Try the following:

• Be sure to activate your card before attempting to add it to Apple Wallet.
  • Be sure card has not expired.
  • Be sure to verify all information on the card matches exactly.

Apple Pay Support

If none of those work, then try linking the payment method:

Open Settings ➢ your name at the top of the list ➢ Payment & ShippingAdd Payment Method.

Once the payment method has been added, you will have the option to link it to Apple Pay.

Need more help?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 7:19 AM in response to jholm79

Try the following:

• Be sure to activate your card before attempting to add it to Apple Wallet.
  • Be sure card has not expired.
  • Be sure to verify all information on the card matches exactly.

Apple Pay Support

If none of those work, then try linking the payment method:

Open Settings ➢ your name at the top of the list ➢ Payment & ShippingAdd Payment Method.

Once the payment method has been added, you will have the option to link it to Apple Pay.

Need more help?

Sep 17, 2022 1:31 PM in response to Smilin-Brian

My card is linked via the Open Settings ➢ your name at the top of the list ➢ Payment & ShippingAdd Payment Method instructions you note anove. And I can buy things through the app store with it, but it still gets stuck with the same message in the wallet. This is super frustrating because it's only been a problem with new hardware or software upgrades. Currenlty on iOS 16.0.1 on the new 14 Pro Max. Same behavior on MacOS Monterey 12.6.

Can't add debit card to Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.