Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple wallet glitch?

I tried adding my debit card on apple wallet and it says “could not add card.” I also added my credit card but it says “call bank for verification.”

I called my card issuer regarding my cards. They said that there are no problems on their part regarding this issue.

Regarding my debit card, I added it before and everything went smoothly. I used it to pay at the mall. But since I can’t add my credit card, I tried troubleshooting by signing out of my apple id and logging back in, switched my phone off and then back on. But upon entering again previously okay debit card details, it stated “could not add card.” My phone’s iOS and laptop macOS is up to date. Bank says there are no issues on their part and my cards are all working fine. Country is set correctly. Even on my macbook air, it says that they could not add both my cards on the system. My phone is a 12 pro max and laptop is macbook air M1 if that helps.

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 7:51 AM

You cannot add a Debit/Credit Card to Apple Pay if the county that you have chosen under the Apple ID does not support it. (e.g. India)

Adding Credit/Debit Cards to Apple Wallet depends on the country that you live in --> Countries and regions that support Apple Pay

However, you may add any of the following passes/tickets

Adding Boarding Passes, Bookmyshow Tickets, IRCTC (Railway) tickets, Airline Tickets, Game Tickets and Hotel Bookings are only possible if the issuer has enabled the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature for the tickets/passes issued by them. See some examples below.

The card issuer must enable the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature.

You will find this in the Card Issue Document

1. Tap Add to Apple Wallet.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 7:51 AM in response to Moe-Kare01

You cannot add a Debit/Credit Card to Apple Pay if the county that you have chosen under the Apple ID does not support it. (e.g. India)

Adding Credit/Debit Cards to Apple Wallet depends on the country that you live in --> Countries and regions that support Apple Pay

However, you may add any of the following passes/tickets

Adding Boarding Passes, Bookmyshow Tickets, IRCTC (Railway) tickets, Airline Tickets, Game Tickets and Hotel Bookings are only possible if the issuer has enabled the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature for the tickets/passes issued by them. See some examples below.

The card issuer must enable the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature.

You will find this in the Card Issue Document

1. Tap Add to Apple Wallet.

Apple wallet glitch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.