Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable "Stop Double Pinch"

I recently had to replace my Watch because of a flaw. It was not possible for me to back up the settings on my existing watch so I've been trying to manually recover the many settings that I had in place to my replacement.

One thing I cannot clear up is the constant reappearance of "Stop Double Pinch" on the watch face, triggered by practically anything. I need to get this to start happening. There is also an irritating thing where the perimeter of the watch face glows blue from time to time.

If anybody can help with ending these issues (and/or provide instructions as to how to back up iPhone settings so they can be recovered to a new watch) I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 12:08 PM

That seems to have done it, although it's early times.

Thank you! I had been looking all over for the restart function and couldn't find it in the app.

5 replies

Sep 17, 2022 8:05 AM in response to John Etnier

You have assistive touch turned on;

Settings/accessibility/assistive touch and turn it off.

Settings/accessibility/quick actions and turn it off.

Disable "Stop Double Pinch"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.