Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 9th gen can't save h265 GoPro videos on Photos app but my iPhone X can

Hi guys,

I have a new iPad 9th gen. Model MK2K3TY/A and I have a very serious problem with this iPad.

I don’t know why but I am not able to directly save h265 videos taken with my GoPro Hero 6 (for example the 4k at 60fps) on the Apple Photos app using the Apple lightning USB adapter. I am able to do that with my older iPhone X though.

If I import this kind of video with my iPhone X and then airdrop it to the iPad, I have this error: “Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive instead?”

This iPad is supposed to have A13 Bionic chip, while my iPhone X has A11 Bionic.

How is this possible?

Please help.

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 8:14 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 17, 2022 10:14 AM in response to JohnMoooore

Always talking about the iPad, I have to add that when this type of video is uploaded to iCloud, it appears in Photos app but the quality looks crap, something like 720p. I suppose iPad is creating a low resolution preview of the video. 

In all of this mess the strangest part is that I can play the same video using Apple Files PERFECTLY FINE. So the iPad clearly supports the video format. However Apple Photos is not able to save and play it.

iPad 9th gen can't save h265 GoPro videos on Photos app but my iPhone X can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.