Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating ios 16 screen is flickering

Hi,

i noticed that after updating my iphone 13 to IOS 16, my screen is flickering in apps/system/settings especially when screen touches.

Is it only i see or somebody sees it too?

it feels like 30 Hz refresh rate instead 60 Hz it’s really annoying ugh 😑 (screen below, you could notice especially in glasses)

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 5:51 PM

Hello Antarescorpion,

It sounds like you are seeing some flickering issues on your iPhone after the update. It doesn't seem to show up with the one you posted here.

Which iPhone model do you have? Have you tried restarting the iPhone?

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Regards.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 5:51 PM in response to Antarescorpion

Hello Antarescorpion,

It sounds like you are seeing some flickering issues on your iPhone after the update. It doesn't seem to show up with the one you posted here.

Which iPhone model do you have? Have you tried restarting the iPhone?

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Regards.

Sep 21, 2022 3:17 AM in response to Tammer1

I also have this problem after iOS 16 update. A lot of people have this in dark colours. Hard restart and iOS reinstall are unhelpful. Apple tested my phone distantly - they told its okay. In iOS 15 I haven’t seen this problem, eyes to sensetive not to see this.

I have a video on YouTube, and if you let me post it here, you will see how it appears.

Sep 21, 2022 6:42 AM in response to Antarescorpion

Greetings Antarescorpion,

These are the next steps we can take in order to resolve your issue!

1. Make sure that your screen is clean and free of any debris or water.
2. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.
3. Remove any cases or screen protectors.

Contact Apple Support

If your screen still isn't behaving as expected, you might need to reach out to Apple Support which you can do here: Contact Apple Support.

After updating ios 16 screen is flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.