Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iTunes playlists when I got new computer

My old MacBook Pro was backed up to cloud and external HD, but won't remain on when I boot. I got a new MBP. Running Monterey and is authorized for Apple Music (the old iTunes, I guess). But all of my playlists from old iTunes library did not download to new MBP. My account history doesn't even show the songs I purchased over the years! Most of the original music DID download to new MBP, but not playlists. On iPhone I see a song purchased a coupla months ago but it will not play on iPhone OR MBP, though I did sync on all devices. Any hope of recovering playlists I had? And why won't the recently purchased song play on new MBP or iPhone? See? Confused!!! Thanks for any assistance! I'm pretty bummed!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 2:07 PM

Hopefully your entire iTunes folder is visible in Time Machine and can be restored to the new machine. The normal location is ~/Music/iTunes where ~ is your user's Home folder. Once restored you should be able to press and hold down option as you launch Music, then select the restored iTunes Library.itl file in your iTunes folder to convert the library to the new format.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 2:07 PM in response to bbonnheim

Hopefully your entire iTunes folder is visible in Time Machine and can be restored to the new machine. The normal location is ~/Music/iTunes where ~ is your user's Home folder. Once restored you should be able to press and hold down option as you launch Music, then select the restored iTunes Library.itl file in your iTunes folder to convert the library to the new format.

tt2

Lost iTunes playlists when I got new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.