Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all my original iTunes files, but all the metadata is there. Can I automatically change them to Apple Music songs?

I somehow lost all my music when I upgraded to a new Mac, but I have the library file. So all the songs, playlists and metadata show in Apple Music, but since I can't locate the files, I can't play the music.

However, since I have a subscription I can stream almost everything that I lost.

Is there a way I can convert the playlists into an Apple Music playlist, or do I have to do this manually, which will take a loooong time.

Ola

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 11:00 AM

Were you already an Apple Music subscriber? If so you can select broken tracks, right-click > remove download, then stream or download as needed. Otherwise... it is going to be a long task. Don't suppose the media is on an Apple device of some kind, or you still have the old computer.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

I lost all my original iTunes files, but all the metadata is there. Can I automatically change them to Apple Music songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.