Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I see the Apple TV logo and then a screen that gives me a choice of computer or settings. I cannot choose either one

Turn on Apple TV and I get the logo and then a screen that says computer and settings. I clicked on settings and nothing happened

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 5:46 PM

When Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) only shows Settings and Computers on the Home Screen, then that means that it doesn’t have a functional internet connection. All the other tiles for services would be retrieved from Apple’s servers over the internet.

Restart your router and Apple TV box, and optionally any other network gear. Then try again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 5:46 PM in response to Loggettter

When Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) only shows Settings and Computers on the Home Screen, then that means that it doesn’t have a functional internet connection. All the other tiles for services would be retrieved from Apple’s servers over the internet.

Restart your router and Apple TV box, and optionally any other network gear. Then try again.

I see the Apple TV logo and then a screen that gives me a choice of computer or settings. I cannot choose either one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.