Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No roaming data on my iPhone 11, iOS 16

Hi, I simply cannot find the roaming data setting to be turned on on my iPhone 11.

I know, settings > mobile data > mobile data options > roaming data, on or off.

But I stop at settings > mobile data and then nothing, no roaming data, not even by typing in the search bar. Like my iPhone doesn’t have roaming what is that…

My gf has the same exact phone and iOS but we don’t have the same interface how is that even possible??

So please help, what is happening here why do I have no roaming is there something wrong with my phone?

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 10:35 AM

Welcome Quentindvl,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you do not have the Data Roaming option in the Settings app. To clarify, did this option appear before? Also, do you and your girlfriend have the same carrier? We ask because your iPhone settings could vary when you're using another carrier.

However, this option should be available on your device. We'd like to provide you with a few steps that may help resolve the issue:

Restart your iPhone:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone

1. Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.

2. Tap Settings > General > About.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier. To see additional carrier information, tap the version number. To verify that you have the latest carrier settings installed, contact your carrier.

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 10:35 AM in response to Quentindvl

Welcome Quentindvl,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you do not have the Data Roaming option in the Settings app. To clarify, did this option appear before? Also, do you and your girlfriend have the same carrier? We ask because your iPhone settings could vary when you're using another carrier.

However, this option should be available on your device. We'd like to provide you with a few steps that may help resolve the issue:

Restart your iPhone:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone

1. Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.

2. Tap Settings > General > About.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier. To see additional carrier information, tap the version number. To verify that you have the latest carrier settings installed, contact your carrier.

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

No roaming data on my iPhone 11, iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.