Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off the vibration for apps and leave the haptics turn on?

Hi

How can I turn off the vibration for apps like whatsapp, gmail but I still want to have haptics. If I turn off the vibration in "Touch" in "Accessibility" it will turn off all the vibrations including haptics and I don't want that. I can't do that also in IOS settings in each app and in in-app settings I don't see any options.

Any ideas?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 12:40 AM

Accessibility is designed to accommodate customers who have accessibility needs. A person that can't hold a phone if it vibrates for instance. Accessibility settings create fundamental changes to how your device functions. I recommend staying out of those options unless you know exactly what you're doing.

There are several haptics adjustments in settings > sounds & haptics. And further settings specific to each app.

I think what you're looking for though, is settings > sounds & haptics > sounds and haptic patterns. Each option there has vibration patterns if you open ringtone for instance. You can turn vibrations to none. And you would do it for each sound type that you don't want a corresponding vibration.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2022 12:40 AM in response to etRumpetroll

Accessibility is designed to accommodate customers who have accessibility needs. A person that can't hold a phone if it vibrates for instance. Accessibility settings create fundamental changes to how your device functions. I recommend staying out of those options unless you know exactly what you're doing.

There are several haptics adjustments in settings > sounds & haptics. And further settings specific to each app.

I think what you're looking for though, is settings > sounds & haptics > sounds and haptic patterns. Each option there has vibration patterns if you open ringtone for instance. You can turn vibrations to none. And you would do it for each sound type that you don't want a corresponding vibration.

How to turn off the vibration for apps and leave the haptics turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.