Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone's built-in cable have any protection?

Does the iPhone's built-in cable have any protection for the iPhone? what are the protection features?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 5:41 PM

If you are using the cable which came with your iPhone or an aftermarket MFi Certified Cable, it has all it needs to protect the iPhone. I truly don't know what protection features you are concerned about as I've never seen a rating for such and as long as you are using a good quality charging brick, there is nothing you need to be concerned about. It is not possible to overcharge an iPhone. Keep the cable in good condition (not frayed) and there is nothing to worry about.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 5:41 PM in response to N00mercy

If you are using the cable which came with your iPhone or an aftermarket MFi Certified Cable, it has all it needs to protect the iPhone. I truly don't know what protection features you are concerned about as I've never seen a rating for such and as long as you are using a good quality charging brick, there is nothing you need to be concerned about. It is not possible to overcharge an iPhone. Keep the cable in good condition (not frayed) and there is nothing to worry about.

Does the iPhone's built-in cable have any protection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.