Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 8 - Measurement Suspended Issue

Hi All,

I recently bought Series 8's. However the noise app (and also Siri & dictation) both pop up with a "Measurement Suspended" (see attached) message. It's as if the mic is being used by another app, we've closed all apps on the watches, rebooted them, updated them to the latest Watch OS (iPhone 14's pro also both updated to 16.0.1) but no success. If this is a software issue please fix it soon. Otherwise I will sadly need to return the product. Thanks in advance.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 1:50 PM

I'm having the same issue; everything works fine if the watch is rebooted, but after an indeterminate amount of time, the microphone stops picking up any audio (and the Noise app, specifically, shows "measurement suspended").

I found something on the MacRumors forum that suggested deleting the Noise app - I'm giving that a try now and will report back; so far it's been about an hour and the watch is still responding to raise-to-speak.

⌚️S8 (A2771), 📱13 Pro

Similar questions

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2022 1:50 PM in response to Brujulap

I'm having the same issue; everything works fine if the watch is rebooted, but after an indeterminate amount of time, the microphone stops picking up any audio (and the Noise app, specifically, shows "measurement suspended").

I found something on the MacRumors forum that suggested deleting the Noise app - I'm giving that a try now and will report back; so far it's been about an hour and the watch is still responding to raise-to-speak.

⌚️S8 (A2771), 📱13 Pro

Oct 3, 2022 8:50 AM in response to thierry259

You will know if you have this problem if Siri says she didn't hear you and to try again but no matter how many times you try, you get the same reply. You will also know if someone calls you and pick up a call only to find the people on the other side cannot hear you. The microphone icon on the phone app will have a circle with a slash through it. You can also try the noise app. If it says "measurement suspended", you have this issue.

Sep 27, 2022 2:04 PM in response to Brujulap
Hi
please I just find out your trouble
just bought a ultra.
hoW could I see if mine is also in trouble. Please

Sep 20, 2022 7:22 AM in response to Brujulap

I can confirm that I'm having this issue as well. If I reboot it works fine, but after an unknown length of time the microphone won't work at all: no Siri, no decibel reading, and no shazam or anything else that requires use of the microphone. I get the same message as described above. Any ideas if this is a hardware or software issue or if there are any fixes?

Sep 23, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Brujulap

Update: It took a couple of days, but I noticed this morning that the mic had stopped responding again, so while deleting the Noise app appears to delay the issue temporarily, it doesn't resolve it entirely. If Apple doesn't push out a point-release (beyond the version released for the Ultra this morning), I'll probably set up a Genius Bar appointment.

Oct 3, 2022 8:44 AM in response to Brujulap

I'm also having the same problem. Using Siri or trying to answer the phone on my watch does not work most of the time. Rebooting the watch will correct the problem for a short amount of time but the problem always resurfaces after a certain amount of time. Not sure how long exactly that is but I rebooted my watch yesterday and had the problem again this morning when I tried to answer the phone on my watch. I noticed the microphone/mute button had the circle with a slash indicating the microphone wasn't working so I tapped it. It just changed color to indicate the microphone was muted. I tapped it again and still had the circle/slash. This really limits what I use the watch for. Hopefully it can be fixed soon...

Oct 9, 2022 12:41 PM in response to Mac Stoll

I just got a refund, they offered me a new one but the Apple rep told me the new one will just do the same but it's a software issue so just keep it and wait for an update. I told him maybe I'll try again next year when they iron out the bugs because I'm not paying almost $900 for a non functioning watch hoping for it to eventually work.

Apple Watch Series 8 - Measurement Suspended Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.