Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud is taking too long to backup

how else can I back up my phone when iCloud won’t backup?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 1:03 PM

If you are experiencing difficulty backing up to iCloud, see this, If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

As far as what else you can do, if you cannot get it to backup to iCloud after following the information in the link I provided, then see this about backing up another way. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 1:03 PM in response to addy630

If you are experiencing difficulty backing up to iCloud, see this, If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

As far as what else you can do, if you cannot get it to backup to iCloud after following the information in the link I provided, then see this about backing up another way. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2022 7:19 PM in response to Richard Salazar

Then you need to contact Apple Support. Use the link in the support document, or use the Get Support link at the top of the page here, or if you have an Apple Store close by, make a Genius Bar appointment to have Apple look at the device and they will explain your options from there. Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Nov 2, 2022 8:44 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Link basically says to keep device connected for 24 hours then contact Apple support. My details: have to backup my new iPhone 14 Pro to iCloud because I do not have enough room on my iMac. Bought 2 TB iCloud storage. IPhone has 228 GB of data, mostly photos. Backup ran overnight for 10 hours so far and is stuck on "About 8 hours remaining" with size of 212.8 GB and "Backup Size 228.54 GB" I would be happy if it would gradually improve but it seems to be stuck there. My internet speed is 500 Mb.

iCloud is taking too long to backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.